Gospel
Matthew 18:1-5,10
Anyone who welcomes a little child in my name welcomes me
The disciples came to Jesus and said, ‘Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?’ So he called a little child to him and set the child in front of them. Then he said, ‘I tell you solemnly, unless you change and become like little children you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. And so, the one who makes himself as little as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
‘Anyone who welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. See that you never despise any of these little ones, for I tell you that their angels in heaven are continually in the presence of my Father in heaven.’
Reflection
Jesus redefines greatness, shifting our focus from worldly status to spiritual humility. By placing a child in the center, He calls us to embrace a spirit of trust and simplicity. To enter the Kingdom, we must shed our pride and become "little"—dependent on God’s grace rather than our own achievements. Furthermore, how we treat the vulnerable reflects our love for Christ. Every "little one" is precious and uniquely seen by the Father. True greatness lies in humble service.
Question for Reflection
In what areas of my life am I still striving for worldly recognition rather than embracing the humble, trusting dependence of a child before God?
Prayer
Lord Jesus, teach me the way of humility. Help me to let go of my need for status and to see Your face in the small, the vulnerable, and the forgotten. Give me a heart like a child—pure, trusting, and open to Your grace. May I welcome others today as I would welcome You. Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment